Home > Using the card > Renew, replace, transfer or cancel your Companion Card

Renew, replace, transfer or cancel your Companion Card

This page has information about replacing, renewing and cancelling your Northern Territory (NT) Companion Card, as well as transferring your card interstate or changing your details.

Replace your card

If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, you can request a replacement.

You can also update your photograph or replace your card if you have changed your name.

To ask for a replacement, contact the Northern Territory Companion Card scheme by calling 08 8948 5400 or email info@ntcompanioncard.org.au.

Change your contact details

You can update your address details or phone number by calling 08 8948 5400 or email info@ntcompanioncard.org.au.

Renew your card

Your card is valid for five years. The card expiry date is printed on the front of the card.

You will receive a letter before the expiry date telling you how to renew your card.

You will need to confirm your ongoing need for the Companion Card and provide new photographs.

Download Renewal Application Form

Transfer your card to another state or territory

You can transfer your Companion Card to another state or territory.

Step 1. Fill in the transfer form. You should contact your disability coordinator for help. You only need to fill in section 1.

Step 2. Get two colour, passport-sized photographs of yourself. These must be signed on the back by the same person who completes section three of the Companion Card application.

Step 3. Post your application form and photographs to:

NT Companion Card Program
Integrated disAbility Action
PO Box 645, Nightcliff NT 0814

Section 2 will be filled in by the Companion Card program in the state or territory where you current card was issued.

Cancel a card

If your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible, you can cancel your card by calling 08 8948 5400 or email info@ntcompanioncard.org.au.